Make the most of our summer series!
Did you know that sharing meals with other people was a central aspect of Jesus’ ministry on the earth?
Jesus modelled something that can be easily overlooked in our hyper-individualised, over-busy 21st century world. He showed us that the table can be a place of true connection. That is why we’re so excited to learn from His mealtime ministry this summer, and we’re believing this series will help us go deeper in our connection with the Lord and with other people as we gather around the table together.
We’ll be adding resources, ideas and highlights here throughout the summer to help you make the most of this series! There's even a restaurant voucher giveaway happening! We're also producing a bespoke weekly update email so make sure you sign up for that if you haven't already.
The Son of Man came eating and drinking...
Check back soon for more resources and ways to get involved.
In the meantime, check out this book by Tim Chester:
A Meal With Jesus
by Tim Chester
"This book is one of the best resources I’ve come across so far on this topic! In six chapters, Tim Chester shows how the meals that Jesus has throughout Luke’s Gospel, which we’ll be learning from throughout this summer series, enact grace, community, hope, mission and salvation. Applying biblical truth to help us understand hospitality, this is a great book to help us go deeper." – Dave Smith
ideas for getting started
Gathering around the table with others might be something you naturally do a lot, it might be something you find challenging, or it might be something you love but you've just got out of the habit because of the pandemic.
Read on for a little inspiration!*
- Invite some friends from church, work, your street, the school gates, or a sports club, etc. around to your house / garden for dinner
- Have a device-free dinner around the table as a family
- Arrange a picnic with people you’ve not seen in a while
- Go out for a coffee with friends
- Try your hand at fashioning a grazing board
- Go out to a restaurant with friends (if you're able, generously tip your waiting staff to bless them too)
- Host a BBQ for your neighbours
- Open up your home / garden to host a Euro 2020 or Tokyo Olympics 2021 viewing party
- Arrange a bring and share afternoon tea
- With a group of friends, take it in turns to host a dinner (think Come Dine With Me style!)
*in accordance with your local COVID guidelines
Show us your table
We’d love to see how you're making the most of our Around The Table series and sharing mealtimes together with others!
Send us photos of you enjoying times of fun, connection and food with others – we'd love you to show us where your table is, who's around it, what's on it... and if your 'table' is actually a picnic blanket, a BBQ or another setting – they all count!
For every photo you submit showing a different Around The Table gathering, you will be entered into a restaurant voucher giveaway so you can enjoy some more time around the table with others: first prize – £100 & runner up – £50. Each photo you submit showing a different Around The Table gathering will count as one entry. Giveaway closes at 00:00 on 23/8/2021 and winners will be selected at random and contacted after the closing date.