celebration sunday coordinator - cambridge
Cambridge Campus Pastor
Take responsibility for making our Celebration Sundays have that special and exciting feel. Building a team that will design and implement the setting up of at least six celebration services throughout the year, including Christmas, Easter, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Giving Day and the Giving Day Celebration.
- Collating design ideas and creating a plan for how to “wow” up West Road Concert Hall for these six special services.
- Sourcing and managing resources.
- Building a team of volunteers
- Implementing the celebration service plans on the relevant Sundays
- Working within a budget and colour scheme for each service
- In all of the above, liaise with Cambridge and central staff members when needed.
- Ability to provide a KingsGate pastoral reference.
- KingsGate Partner
Key skills, attributes and/or experience
- Able to work within a team context.
- Able to lead volunteers.
Support and personal development
- Training related to your responsibilities as a volunteer.
- A named person who will supervise your volunteering and with whom you can discuss your work.
- Regular one-to-one meetings with your supervisor.
- A review of your volunteering role after three months (this will normally be carried out by your supervisor).
- Reimbursement of your expenses. The organisation does not want you to be disadvantaged financially because of your volunteering. It will therefore provide you with your travel expenses to and from work at the cost of the cheapest method of travel. If claiming petrol, then this will be paid at the prevailing mileage rate.
- Access to any relevant staff training and leadership development resources if appropriate.
- Access to the church Dynamics system and any training required to use it.
- Technical equipment needed to do the role well including use of Teams and any other packages deemed necessary.
- Ability to have full involvement in the life of the staff team, eg, Summer BBQ and Christmas meal.
- This role is focused to certain times of year. We estimate that it would take 8-16 hours of preparation for each Celebration Sunday, and 6 hours on the relevant Sunday to implement
- It would be highly desirable to be present in the Cambridge office at certain times during the year, on a Tuesday or Thursday, to participate in planning conversations.
This Job Description was created by Chris Sharman in April 2023