connections coordinator - cambridge
Cambridge Campus Pastor
Helping people get connected in the life of KingsGate Cambridge by contacting new people and alongside the Cambridge team, follow through applications for people who are joining a team, group or course.
- Through email, contacting people who are new to KingsGate and maintaining a dialogue with them until they get connected in.
- Through email, contacting those who have applied for a team, group or course, and following through with them until they get connected into the right place.
- Update Dynamics (the office system) as and when needed.
- In all of the above, liaise with Cambridge and Central Staff Members when needed.
- Ability to provide a KingsGate pastoral reference.
- KingsGate Partner, who is fully involved in the life of the church.
Key skills, attributes and/or experience
- Able to work within a team context
- Technologically competent
- Effective written communicator.
- Able to work within the boundaries of confidentiality where appropriate.
Support and personal development
- Training related to your responsibilities as a volunteer.
- A named person who will supervise your volunteering and with whom you can discuss your work.
- Regular one-to-one meetings with your supervisor.
- A review of your volunteering role after three months (this will normally be carried out by your supervisor).
- Reimbursement of your expenses. The organisation does not want you to be disadvantaged financially because of your volunteering. It will therefore provide you with your travel expenses to and from work at the cost of the cheapest method of travel. If claiming petrol, then this will be paid at the prevailing mileage rate.
- Access to any relevant staff training and leadership development resources if appropriate.
- Access to the church Dynamics system and any training required to use it.
- Technical equipment needed to do the role well including use of Teams and any other packages deemed necessary.
- Ability to have full involvement in the life of the staff team, eg, Summer BBQ and Christmas meal.
- Minimum of 3 hours a week, however 4 hours would be preferable.
- Working in the church office or at home, if appropriate.
- It would be desirable if the 3 hours were worked in the Cambridge office on a Tuesday or Thursday, to engage with the staff and other volunteers. However, this is not essential.
This Job Description was created by Chris Sharman in April 2023
If you are interested in applying for this volunteer role please complete the application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org