finance assistant (kingsgate trading)
As part of the Finance Team, your role would be to assist the Management Accountant in processing KingsGate Trading Ltd transactions effectively and efficiently.
- Updating the list of church and conferencing events to aid the headcount process for the charities partial VAT exemption calculation and ensuring all events have attendance figures included.
- Producing sales invoices for emailing out to conferencing clients.
- Performing bank reconciliations.
- Posting purchase invoices to accountancy software.
- Aiding the Management Accountant in any tasks which may arise from time-to-time.
- Ability to provide a KingsGate pastoral reference.
- Partner and/or a regular attender of a LifeGroup.
Key skills, attributes and/or experience
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Previous experience in a clerical role.
- Previous experience in a finance role.
- Use of Sage accounting software.
Support and personal development
- Training related to your responsibilities as a volunteer.
- A named person who will supervise your volunteering and with whom you can discuss your work.
- Regular one-to-one meetings with your supervisor.
- A review of your volunteering role after three months (this will normally be carried out by your supervisor).
- Reimbursement of your expenses. The organisation does not want you to be disadvantaged financially because of your volunteering. It will therefore provide you with your travel expenses to and from work at the cost of the cheapest method of travel. If claiming petrol then this will be paid at the prevailing mileage rate.
- Access to the church Dynamics system, if appropriate, and any training required to use it.
- Any training on online accountancy software, as is required.
- Technical equipment to do the role well, including use of Teams and any other packages deemed necessary.
- Ability to have full involvement in the life of the staff team, eg, Summer BBQ and Christmas meal.
- 4 to 6 hours a week (opportunity to expand depending on progress and availability).
- Office-based (opportunity to review depending on progress and availability).
This Job Description was created by Andrew Gilbert in April 2023.
If you are interested in applying for this volunteer role please complete the application form and email to email@example.com