welcome lunch administrator - peterborough
Head of Connect, Media and Communications
We are looking for someone who is passionate about playing their part in providing an amazing welcome experience for people who are new to KingsGate through our bi-monthly Welcome Lunches. As part of the Connect Team, your role would be to administrate the planning, preparation, and execution of Welcome Lunches, and it offers you the opportunity to be part of how we welcome people into the life of KingsGate.
- Book rooms and resources, administrate registrations and volunteers for Welcome Lunches.
- Prepare all extra resources required for the Welcome Lunch, including registration forms as needed, pens, iPads, etc.
- Liaise with Pastoral Team and volunteers to organise table allocations ahead of time for those attending the lunch.
- Manage and maintain stock of long-life food items used to cater Welcome Lunches.
- Research and order fresh food items for Welcome Lunches from external suppliers, ensuring delivery on the Sunday, within budget, and to cater for dietary requirements as needed, ensuring enough food is provided for all Welcome Lunch guests.
- Oversee Welcome Lunch set-up on the day, including but not limited to liaising with Facilities Team and volunteers.
- Ability to provide a KingsGate pastoral reference.
- Partner and/or regular attender of a LifeGroup.
Key skills, attributes and/or experience
- Passionate about serving people who are new to KingsGate with excellence.
- Organised and systematic.
- Basic computer literacy skills are required to manage a simple stock-check system and to place orders online.
- Enjoys repetitive tasks, as well as operating both as part of a team and independently.
- Reliable and committed.
Support and personal development
- Training related to your responsibilities as a volunteer.
- A named person who will supervise your volunteering and with whom you can discuss your work.
- Regular one-to-one meetings with your supervisor.
- A review of your volunteering role after three months.
- Access to any relevant staff training and leadership development resources if appropriate.
- Access to technical equipment and IT systems, if needed for the role, including any training required.
- Reimbursement of your travel expenses. If claiming petrol, this will be paid at the prevailing mileage rate.
- Full involvement in the life of the staff team, e.g., Summer BBQ and Christmas meal.
- Up to 3 hours a week (with potential additional time on the week of a Welcome Lunch and the day itself, subject to availability).
- Office-based, or hybrid – practical stock checking / management and preparation for the Welcome Lunch would require trips to the KingsGate building, but placing orders and other admin could be completed at home if preferred or more convenient.
This Job Description was created by Jasmine Allen in April 2023.
If you are interested in applying for this volunteer role please complete the application form and email to email@example.com