Welcome lunch and partnership evening coordinator - cambridge
Cambridge Campus Pastor
Work with a team to implement up to six welcome lunches through the year, and our annual partners’ evening.
- With a set budget, organise the effective running of all the welcome lunches and partners’ evening.
- Take responsibility for organising and preparing the venue to look and feel welcoming and celebratory.
- Take responsibility for ensuring the preparation and delivery of appropriate and adequate food and drink.
- Liaise with the Connections Coordinator for relevant information on people attending.
- Identify and build a team to assist you.
- In all of the above, liaise with Cambridge and Central Staff Members when needed.
- Ability to provide a KingsGate pastoral reference.
- KingsGate Partner.
Key skills, attributes and/or experience
- Able to work within a team context.
- Able to lead volunteers.
- Passion for and experience in cooking/catering for mid sized events.
- Food hygiene trained (we could organise this for you if required).
Support and personal development
- Training related to your responsibilities as a volunteer.
- A named person who will supervise your volunteering and with whom you can discuss your work.
- Regular one-to-one meetings with your supervisor.
- A review of your volunteering role after three months (this will normally be carried out by your supervisor).
- Reimbursement of your expenses. The organisation does not want you to be disadvantaged financially because of your volunteering. It will therefore provide you with your travel expenses to and from work at the cost of the cheapest method of travel. If claiming petrol, then this will be paid at the prevailing mileage rate.
- Access to any relevant staff training and leadership development resources if appropriate.
- Access to the church Dynamics system and any training required to use it.
- Technical equipment needed to do the role well including use of Teams and any other packages deemed necessary.
- Ability to have full involvement in the life of the staff team, eg, Summer BBQ and Christmas meal.
- This role is focused to certain times of year. We estimate that it would take 6-12 hours of preparation for each event, and 4 hours at the event to implement.
This Job Description was created by Chris Sharman in April 2023