Youth Pastoral Care - Parent Liaison
Head of Youth Ministry
As part of the Youth Team, your role will be to liaise and build relationships with the parents of young people in and new to KingsGate Youth. A great relationship with parents is a key part of a thriving and growing Youth Ministry and this starts with effective and regular communication between the team and parents.
- Contact parents of all new young people within their first 3 months to build relationship, enhance our welcome, maximise effective pastoral care and enable successful integration of young people into the youth ministry.
- Annually connect with the parents of all our young people in the continuation of effective relationship development, listening and responding well, to improve our targeted pastoral care to our young people.
- Send out a weekly update to all parents to include information on events coming up in the Youth Ministry.
- Develop new initiatives to help parent engagement and relationship, such as the oversight and management of a new parent area as part of Friday Night Youth events.
- General weekly communications with parents to include replying to youth inbox emails and returning calls.
- Ability to provide a KingsGate pastoral reference.
- KingsGate Partner.
- Regular attendance at a LifeGroup.
Key skills, attributes and/or experience
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Good listening skills and ability to empathise with parents.
- Ability to problem solve and resolve conflict.
- To work well as part of a team.
- Previous experience in communications.
- Use of Microsoft software.
- Passion for evangelism and for pastoral care.
Support and personal development
- Training related to your responsibilities as a volunteer.
- A named person who will supervise your volunteering and with whom you can discuss your work.
- Regular one-to-one meetings with your supervisor.
- A review of your volunteering role after three months.
- Access to any relevant staff training and leadership development resources if appropriate.
- Access to technical equipment and IT systems, if needed for the role, including any training required.
- Reimbursement of your travel expenses. If claiming petrol, this will be paid at the prevailing mileage rate.
- Full involvement in the life of the staff team, eg, Summer BBQ and Christmas meal.
- Access to the church Dynamics system, if appropriate, and any training required to use it.
- Technical equipment to do the role well, including use of Teams and any other packages deemed necessary.
- 4-7 hours a week.
- Working from home.
- Monthly attendance, where possible, at Tuesday morning team meetings.
This Job Description was created by Phil Timson in April 2023.
If you are interested in applying for this volunteer role please complete the application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org