YOUTH ADVISORY COUNCIL
YOUTH ADVISORY COUNCIL FOR MULTI-RACIAL INCLUSION (YAC)
KingsGate is committed to creating an environment where people of every race and culture can thrive and grow. Following an internal review in 2020, an Advisory Council on Multiracial Inclusion for the wider church has been established. Here, in the youth ministry we wanted to replicate this council in our passion to both empower and respond well to the voice of our BAME young people.
We have a passion to hear, empower and actively respond to the voice of then BAME community. We will come against all forms of inequality and oppression, injustice and prejudice, taking action where any racism or racial bias comes to our attention.
We commit to:
- Empower the voice of our BAME youth community.
- Actively consult, listening and respond well to all ethnic minorities.
- Come against all forms of discrimination, direct or indirect, seen or unseen.
- Celebrate diversity and difference, promoting full inclusion across all aspects of ministry.
- Stimulate conversation and raise awareness around all aspects of racial inclusion.
Youth Council Representatives
Young people on the youth advisory for multi-racial inclusion will:
- Be passionate about seeing our common vision and commitment realised.
- Be an advocate for the BAME community and an active voice into the council.
- Represent the views of the BAME community well.
- Be a committed member of the youth ministry.
- Be willing to go on a learning journey together.
- Commit to attending the council 3x a year, for an initial 1-year commitment.
The youth council will meet three times a year under the facilitation of our head of Youth ministry Phil Timson. If you would like to raise a concern or bring something to the attention of the Youth Advisory Council then please get in touch.