ways to give

  • Begin to tithe
  • One-off gift into the Special Offering
  • Pledge to give an amount into the Special Offering on a specific date in the future
  • Pledge to give a monthly commitment towards the Cambridge Building Fund for the next 12 months, to help raise funds for a future Cambridge building

how to give

At an in-person service

You can give by cash, cheque or card by downloading & using The Church We See Giving Guide.

Direct to the Bank

Give one-off payments to the Special Offering:

‘KingsGate Community Church Special Offering’
Allied Irish Bank

Reference: Your full name

Pledge to give to the Special Offering on a future date

Give online: one-off gift into the Special Offering

Give online: either a one-off or monthly gift into the Cambridge Building Fund


How much should I give into 'The Church We See' Special Offering?

Each of us should give what we believe the Lord is asking us to give. It will involve sacrifice, but we want everyone to give freely and cheerfully. All contributions are valuable however large or small.

Can I change my monthly commitment?

Yes, if for any reason you wish to alter your pledge (e.g. your financial situation changes) you can either increase or decrease your commitment. If you have set up a standing order, you will need to change it via online banking or contact your bank.

How do I know whether to complete a Gift Aid declaration?

If you complete a gift aid declaration, KingsGate are able to claim 25p of Gift Aid for every £1 you donate. If you are a UK tax payer and would like us to claim the tax back on your donations, please complete an online gift aid declaration. This will not increase your tax payments. Please do not complete a gift aid declaration if you are not a tax payer or if the tax you pay is below the amount to be reclaimed.

What do I need to do if I complete a Gift Aid declaration and my circumstances change?

Please notify us if you:

  • Change your name or address while the declaration is still in force
  • Want to cancel the declaration. It will then not apply to donations you make on or after the date of cancellation, or such later date as you specify
  • No longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains

What happens if I am a higher rate tax payer?

If you pay income tax at the higher or additional rate and you want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.

Do I need to cancel the standing order I set up during the 'Together On Purpose' Special Offering?

Yes, if you would like to give monthly into the Cambridge Building Fund, please cancel your current standing order and set up a new standing order into the Cambridge Building Fund. The bank details for the Cambridge Building Fund are:

‘KingsGate Community Church Cambridge Building Fund’
Allied Irish Bank

What if I was unable to attend the service on Sunday 13 March?

You are still able to give into this offering, please see the ‘How to Give’ section above.

Can I give by cash or cheque?

Yes you can. Please make cheques payable to “KingsGate Community Church”, making sure your cheque (or cash) is securely enclosed within an envelope.

Where do I post my completed giving guide?

If you've downloaded a giving guide to print, or have taken one home, please post your completed guide to our Peterborough building:

Finance Team
KingsGate Community Church
2 Staplee Way