This page was last updated on 20 July 2021.
JOIN US ON SUNDAYS
Our weekly Sunday services are currently taking place in Peterborough (9am & 11am) and Cambridge (10am). They include live worship with singing, live hosting and a message from God’s Word, groups for KingsGate Kids & Youth, and an opportunity to connect and enjoy community as a church family. There’s something so powerful about being in the presence of God with others in a worship environment and we’re continuing to make our services as safe as they can be.
WHAT TO EXPECT at sunday services
- Booking in – You don’t need to book in advance for services, apart from for KingsGate Kids groups. Following the latest guidance from the government, to support NHS Test and Trace we are continuing to display our venues’ QR codes and encourage you to check in using the NHS COVID-19 app if you would like to. We also provide forms and ballot boxes for you to securely provide your details if you don’t have the app but would still like to check-in when you attend services. Please continue to pre-register children for KingsGate Kids groups each week, otherwise a space in a group can’t be guaranteed. You can pre-register children here.
- Spacious seating – Although social distancing has been lifted, we are still keeping extra space between rows and you’re able to block off some seats next to you as well if you would like to.
- Good ventilation – Air handling systems in our auditoriums mean we’re able to constantly circulate fresh air. This, combined with high ceilings and spaciousness, means we have a good constant airflow throughout services.
- Face coverings – As per government guidance on face coverings in enclosed spaces, we encourage wearing face coverings when entering, moving around, and leaving buildings, unless exempt. Due to the measures in place in our auditoriums, you will not need to wear a face covering while seated in these spaces. However, we understand that many feel more comfortable continuing to wear face coverings at all times indoors, so let’s continue to honour and respect one another as we navigate the easing of these requirements.
- Maximising outdoors – We are not serving refreshments in our atriums after services but want to encourage socialising outdoors and we’re maximising the areas outside our buildings for this. In Peterborough, we have a marquee with open sides located on the grass to the side of the building so that you can stay around after Sunday services to enjoy time socialising, come rain or shine, throughout the summer.
- Close / physical contact – We encourage you to be mindful about engaging in close and/or physical contact with people at church services – don’t assume that others feel comfortable with close contact and let’s continue to help one another feel safe whilst also enjoying the easing of restrictions to the extent that you and those you interact with are comfortable.
Kids & Youth
We run KingsGate Kids & Youth every week during our Sunday services. KingsGate Kids Sunday groups are currently available for children ages 3 - school year 6 in Peterborough and ages 4 - school year 6 in Cambridge. KingsGate Youth runs for young people in school years 7 – 12, with increased capacity across all groups from Sunday 25 July. Windows are opened and air conditioning operational in rooms (as applicable) for ventilation and, while there isn’t any social distancing for children and young people, we’re continuing to avoid unnecessary physical contact. Pre-booking is required for KingsGate Kids only.REGISTER KINGSGATE KIDS
If your child is not booked in for a KingsGate Kids session or chooses to stay with you, the session can be accessed online in the Auditorium –please bring a device and headphones for your child(ren) so they can make the most of these activities (WiFi is provided).
How is hygiene being managed?
All our facilities are regularly and thoroughly cleaned, and both our facilities and equipment are cleaned after services.
We have sanitisation stations around our buildings and we encourage regular handwashing and use of hand sanitiser.
Toilets are available and we ask you to wash your hands thoroughly after use. We also ask you to accompany your child if they need to use the toilet whilst with you during the service.
Is there a one-way system in place?
Following the latest government guidance and the lifting of restrictions after 19 July, we are not currently operating a one-way system in any of our locations.
Will I be able to receive prayer?
We are not currently providing close contact prayer ministry at our services, but we would still love to be praying for any needs you may have at this time. You are able to submit a prayer request anytime here.
Are services fully accessible?
We welcome anyone with accessibility requirements and will endeavour to accommodate any needs you may have. If you are a Blue Badge Holder, please let our team know when you arrive so we can ensure you have accessible parking.
What if I have COVID-19?
If you or anyone in your household has been diagnosed with, or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, high temperature, persistent coughing, breathing difficulties/shortness of breath, loss of taste/smell), you must not attend a KingsGate location.
If you have been in close contact with someone who is experiencing symptoms or, or has been diagnosed with, COVID-19, or you are required to self-isolate due to returning from international travel, please stay at home.
When would my details be shared with NHS Test and Trace?
If you choose to provide your contact details, your information would be shared with NHS Test and Trace in the event of two or more COVID-19 cases being linked to the day you attended. In this case, NHS Test and Trace’s ‘venue alert’ process would be triggered, leading to you receiving advice to book a COVID-19 test. You would not be required to self-isolate unless you tested positive for COVID-19. We will not share your information with anyone else or for any other purposes.
I have a different question – how can I get in contact?
If you have any further questions, or would like to see a copy of the Risk Assessment that has been completed, please email us on email@example.com and one of our team will get back to you.