conference client liaison
Conference Client Liaison
This is a 'Meet and Greet' practical role that would suit someone who loves to welcome people and help them at the start of their event at KingsGate.
During busy periods for the Conference Centre, you will assist the Conference Team by being the first point of contact for event organisers as they arrive at KingsGate for their event. This role would suit someone who can be at KingsGate for an early morning i.e. 7:30am, finishing approximately 9:30am or earlier. From time to time there will be the opportunity for this role to cover early evening hours on the same basis. Volunteers are not obliged to do both morning and evening if this does not suit their availability.
- Ensure you know the events on that day before starting.
- Meet the event organisers and welcome them, show them to their room
- Explain the fire evacuation procedures, location of the toilets, smoking area.
- Take note of any additional requests from the client and pass them on to the team who can provide their requirements.
- Ability to provide a KingsGate pastoral reference.
Key skills, attributes and/or experience
- Professional and welcoming demeanour
- Ability to remember information
- Good communication skills, polite and informative
- Customer service experience
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Experience in hospitality.
Support and personal development
- Training related to your responsibilities as a volunteer.
- A named person who will supervise your volunteering and with whom you can discuss your work.
- Regular one-to-one meetings with your supervisor.
- A review of your volunteering role after three months.
- Access to any relevant staff training and leadership development resources if appropriate.
- Access to technical equipment and IT systems, if needed for the role, including any training required
- Reimbursement of your travel expenses. If claiming petrol, this will be paid at the prevailing mileage rate.
- Full involvement in the life of the staff team, eg, Summer BBQ and Christmas meal.
- The number of hours a week is dependent on the need, based on the client bookings
- The role is at the building, but you will have remote access to prepare.
This Job Description was created by Conference Manager in September 2023