connect team resources assistant - peterborough
Assistant Head of Communications and Weekend Services
We are looking for someone who is passionate about playing their part to see people who are new to KingsGate and/or new to the Christian faith being fully equipped with a suite of resources to help them on their journey. As part of the Connect Team, your role would be to take care of the resources we give people on Sundays. This is a practical role which also involves some administrative tasks, and offers you the opportunity to be part of how we welcome people into the life of KingsGate.
- Manage and maintain stock of resources provided in Gift Bags for new people and visitors to our services, placing orders with external online suppliers or via our internal Media Request Form as and when required.
- Manage and maintain stock of resources provided in Gift Bags for people who become Christians at our services, placing orders with external online suppliers or via our internal Media Request Form as and when required.
- Manage and maintain a stock of Gift Bags for Salvation and Welcome Teams, including all resources required by the teams on a Sunday.
- Request, print, and prepare related additional resources in support of Sunday services, as required (e.g., Welcome Lunch invites, Hello cards, etc.).
- Ability to provide a KingsGate pastoral reference.
Key skills, attributes and/or experience
- Passionate about serving people who are new to KingsGate and/or the Christian faith with excellence, even when doing so indirectly.
- Organised and systematic.
- Basic computer literacy skills are required to manage a simple stock-check system and to place orders online.
- Enjoys repetitive tasks, as well as operating both as part of a team and independently.
- Reliable and committed.
Support and personal development
- Training related to your responsibilities as a volunteer.
- A named person who will supervise your volunteering and with whom you can discuss your work.
- Regular one-to-one meetings with your supervisor.
- A review of your volunteering role after three months.
- Access to any relevant staff training and leadership development resources if appropriate.
- Access to technical equipment and IT systems, if needed for the role, including any training required.
- Reimbursement of your travel expenses. If claiming petrol, this will be paid at the prevailing mileage rate.
- Full involvement in the life of the staff team, e.g., Summer BBQ and Christmas meal.
- 3 hours a week.
- Office-based, or hybrid – practical stock checking and preparation would require trips to the KingsGate building, but placing orders and making up Welcome and Salvation Gift Bags could be completed at home if preferred or more convenient.
This Job Description was created by Galia Ben-Israel in April 2023.
If you are interested in applying for this volunteer role please complete the application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org