FOOD PANTRY – ADMIN SUPPORT
Our vision is for the KingsGate Food Pantry to be a safe place where people are given a warm welcome, where they feel comfortable, where they feel seen, and where they feel valued and following the success of the KingsGate Food Pantry in Parnwell, we are opening a 2nd food pantry to reach more families in a different part of the city.
Food projects Manager in the interim, Sharon Keogh (Head of Community Action)
To assist the Team Leaders with the weekly admin tasks related to Food Pantry.
- Liaise with Team Leaders to arrange which admin tasks you will be responsible for.
- Ideally join the volunteer team for some Pantry sessions.
- Participate in training.
- Ability to provide a KingsGate pastoral reference.
Key skills, attributes and/or experience
- Good people skills
- Good numeracy, organisational and admin skills.
Support and personal development
- Training related to your responsibilities as a volunteer.
- A named person who will supervise your volunteering and with whom you can discuss your work.
- Regular one-to-one meetings with your supervisor.
- A review of your volunteering role after three months.
- Access to any relevant staff training and leadership development resources if appropriate.
- Access to technical equipment and IT systems, if needed for the role, including any training required
- Reimbursement of your travel expenses. If claiming petrol, this will be paid at the prevailing mileage rate.
- Full involvement in the life of the staff team, eg, Summer BBQ and Christmas meal.
- 4 hours a week
- Working from home
- Attend Food Pantry Meetings on Teams
This Role Description was created by Sharon Keogh in September 2023.