FOOD PANTRY TEAM LEADER
Our vision is for the KingsGate Food Pantry to be a safe place where people are given a warm welcome, where they feel comfortable, where they feel seen, and where they feel valued and following the success of the KingsGate Food Pantry in Parnwell, we are opening a 2nd food pantry to reach more families in a different part of the city.
To do this, we are going to have a team of ‘Listeners’ whose primary focus at the Food Pantry will be to care for the people who come for food. We need a Team Leader to lead this team who has a heart and passion to reach communities who are struggling against poverty.
Food Projects Manager, in the interim, will be overseen by Sharon Keogh, Head of Community Action.
To be part of the planning committee to set up a new Food Pantry in Peterborough, then be the Team Leader when the project opens. This will also involve some Admin work.
- Attend planning meetings and help with tasks to set the Pantry up.
- Help recruit volunteers and create a team rota.
- Participate in training.
- Be responsible for the smooth running of the Pantry sessions, from re stocking at the beginning to cashing up and closing checks at the end.
- Help to create a calm and welcoming environment at the Pantry.
- Use the Your Local Pantry software to keep records of members’ visits.
- Process new member applications.
- Receive and send out messages on the Pantry phone as needed.
- Help to look after the Food Pantry email account.
- Ability to provide a KingsGate pastoral reference.
- KingsGate Partner
- Regular attendance at a LifeGroup
Key skills, attributes and/or experience
- Good people skills
- Able to listen with compassion
- Good numeracy, organisational and admin skills
- Experience of working in food retail before
- Familiar with Food Hygiene standards
- Familiar with Safer Food Better Business
Support and personal development
- Training related to your responsibilities as a volunteer.
- A named person who will supervise your volunteering and with whom you can discuss your work.
- Regular one-to-one meetings with your supervisor.
- A review of your volunteering role after three months.
- Access to any relevant staff training and leadership development resources if appropriate.
- Access to technical equipment and IT systems, if needed for the role, including any training required
- Reimbursement of your travel expenses. If claiming petrol, this will be paid at the prevailing mileage rate.
- Full involvement in the life of the staff team, eg, Summer BBQ and Christmas meal.
- 6-8 hours a week
- At Food Pantry and working at home
- Regular Food Pantry meetings on Teams
This Role Description was created by Sharon Keogh in September 2023.