Health and Safety Adviser
Exec Pastor (Operations and Management Support)
To provide Health and Safety advice to the Exec Pastor (Operations and Management support) by reviewing policies, processes and procedures and ensure they are being consistently applied.
- Review KingsGate’s H&S Policy.
- Provide advice/guidance in relation to H&S matters.
- Review risk assessments.
- Ability to provide a KingsGate pastoral reference.
- KingsGate Partner and /or Regular attendance at a LifeGroup.
Key skills, attributes and/or experience
- Experience working in a Health and Safety role.
- Comprehensive understanding of Health and Safety guidelines.
- NEBOSH General Certificate or Diploma.
Support and personal development
- Training related to your responsibilities as a volunteer.
- A named person who will supervise your volunteering and with whom you can discuss your work.
- Regular one-to-one meetings with your supervisor.
- A review of your volunteering role after three months.
- Access to any relevant staff training and leadership development resources if appropriate.
- Access to technical equipment and IT systems, if needed for the role, including any training required.
- Reimbursement of your travel expenses. If claiming petrol, this will be paid at the prevailing mileage rate.
- Full involvement in the life of the staff team, eg, Summer BBQ and Christmas meal.
- 3-4 hours a week or could be for a short time to review KingsGate’s H&S policy and provide some immediate advice.
- Working from home.
This Job Description was created by Sally Duffy in April 2023.