it technical adviser
We are seeking experienced and dedicated individuals to join our IT Technical Advisory Team. The team plays a vital role in guiding the development and implementation of our organisation's IT systems and strategies. As a member of the team, you will help evaluate our current IT infrastructure, identify areas for improvement, and contribute to the planning and execution of future projects. In addition to attending biannual meetings, advisers may be called upon to assist with specific projects that align with their skillsets.
- Evaluate the organisation's current IT systems, infrastructure, and processes.
- Identify areas for improvement and potential risks.
- Assist in developing and presenting strategic recommendations for IT projects and initiatives.
- Collaborate with other advisers and internal staff to develop a comprehensive IT roadmap.
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolving IT-related issues, as needed.
- Offer mentorship and guidance to internal IT staff on relevant technologies and best practice.
- Provide support for specific projects that align with your expertise, as needed.
- Ability to provide a KingsGate pastoral reference.
Key skills, attributes and/or experience
- Proven expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Azure Services
- AWS Services
- Dynamics 365
- Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate)
- Canvas Apps
- Power BI
- Network Security
- Web Development
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in IT, with a focus on one or more of the areas listed in the Key Skills section.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse team of professionals.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with industry trends and best practices.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
Support and personal development
- Training related to your responsibilities as a volunteer.
- A named person who will supervise your volunteering and with whom you can discuss your work.
- Regular one-to-one meetings with your supervisor.
- A review of your volunteering role after three months.
- Access to any relevant staff training and leadership development resources if appropriate.
- Access to technical equipment and IT systems, if needed for the role, including any training required.
- Reimbursement of your travel expenses. If claiming petrol, this will be paid at the prevailing mileage rate.
- Full involvement in the life of the staff team, eg, Summer BBQ and Christmas meal.
- Availability to attend biannual meetings, either in-person or remotely, and to participate in project-based collaboration as needed.
This Job Description was created by Pete Charlton in April 2023.
If you are interested in applying for this volunteer role please complete the application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org