pastoral administration support - peterborough
Pastoral Coordinator and Area Pastor Team Leader
Working directly with the Pastoral Coordinator and Area Pastor Team to assist with the coordination and administration of activities related to the Area Pastor Team.
- Provide general administration support to the Area Pastor Team.
- Welcome new people with phone calls and emails, signposting them to groups, serving teams, welcome lunch etc.
- Provide admin and coordinating support for Pastoral Sunday focuses i.e. baby dedications and Partnership Sundays.
- Provide admin and coordinating support for seasonal pastoral events through the year i.e. Easter cluster events, Family Films events and Christmas events.
- Provide admin support with pastoral courses such as Next Steps and Partnership.
- Ability to provide a KingsGate pastoral reference.
- KingsGate Partner.
- Regular attendance at a LifeGroup.
Key skills, attributes and/or experience
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience in an administration role.
Support and personal development
- Training related to your responsibilities as a volunteer.
- A named person who will supervise your volunteering and with whom you can discuss your work.
- Regular one-to-one meetings with your supervisor.
- A review of your volunteering role after three months (this will normally be carried out by your supervisor).
- Reimbursement of your expenses. The organisation does not want you to be disadvantaged financially because of your volunteering. It will therefore provide you with your travel expenses to and from work at the cost of the cheapest method of travel. If claiming petrol, then this will be paid at the prevailing mileage rate.
- Access to the church Dynamics system, if appropriate, and any training required to use it.
- Technical equipment to do the role well, including use of Teams and any other packages deemed necessary.
- Ability to have full involvement in the life of the staff team, eg, Summer BBQ and Christmas meal.
- 4 to 6 hours a week (opportunity to expand depending on progress and availability).
- Office-based (opportunity to review depending on progress and availability).
This Job Description was created by Daniel Cole in April 2023.